Illinois - The Facts & Figures

This post should probably have been one of my earliest, but with Lorraine's mother and sister coming to town this week, I thought it was about time that I learned a bit more about this new place in which we live, although in doing so I felt a bit like a kid researching a school project!

Illinois is known as the Land Of Lincoln or The Prairie State. The population is just under 12.5 million, approximately a fifth of the entire UK at 60.6 million. The capital, surprisingly, is Springfield not Chicago, although Chicago is the biggest city. There is a bunch more stuff here, if you are interested.

In the US, each state has it's own nickname, motto, state flag, tourist slogan and even song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism