Friday's Feast - 53

Appetizer : What time do you usually wake up each day? If you could choose your wake-up time, when would it be?
Usually 5 minutes before my alarm clock goes off, whatever time it is set for. I seem to have some sort of internal alarm clock. My alarm is usually set for 6:30am weekdays and not at all weekends. Although I am not really a morning person, I generally prefer to get up early and go do stuff. I have been known to be on the golf course by 6:30am.

Soup : When was the last time you bought groceries? What store did you go to? Name 3 things you purchased.
I went grocery shopping on Tuesday night at Jewel Osco. We bought a bunch of stuff for my girlfriends mother and sister coming into town. Mostly just regular groceries, but we also bought two packs of my new favourite treat mint Oreos. This fortnight is the Wimbledon tennis tournament back home so I bought 8lb of strawberries and 2 quarts of cream for the office to introduce them to this British tradition.

Salad : How many books have you read so far this year? Which was your favorite and why?
Not too many this year, maybe only 5 or 6. I read a lot in the early part of the year, but mostly magazines. Since I moved to the US, my time has been a little busier. My favourite was probably The Janson Directive by Robert Ludlum, it is one of a series of those sorts of "spy" type novels that I love.

Main Course : What is something you consider to be very elegant? In particular, what about that item/place/person conjures up the feeling of elegance?
This is a tough one, but probably it is a friend of mine from back home. She is an older lady and her name is Laurie Nutall. I went to a number of social occasions and her dress sense and general ensemble was always just so and very elegant in a traditional sense.

Dessert : Who taught you how to drive?
I was taught by an instructor. When I was learning to drive, my mother didn't have a car so I had to pay for everything. Occasionally my buddies let me drive their cars, but mostly it was the instructor; Ann Henry.

Served up by Friday's Feast

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism