I Had A Dream..

Not as earth shattering as MLK Jr, I'll admit, but I liked it. I dreamt about the impending release of the long awaited War Of The Worlds Movie. From the book written by HG Wells in the late 19th century, Orson wells produced a radio broadcast in 1938, which quite literally scared the people so much they thought it was real!

Transporting, in the typical later Hollywood style, the story from Victorian England to the US, and broadcasting it in such a way as to sound like a news broadcast, many people were convinced..read the full story here.

Anyway back to my dream..as is always the case in dreams, several parts of my life gelled together to form the main story line. I was in the UK, but driving my US truck. Martians had just landed and poisoned the waterways in the South of England only, because, of course, why would they want to land in Scotland or Northern England? Everyone was evacuating, although there did not seem to be anyone actually moving around.

Driving northward, trying to decide how far North or West to go, should I go to Cardiff or Bristol, or continue directly north to the my friends in the Lake District and eventually Scotland. Stopping along the way for petrol, I decided to check out a river to see if the poison was present.

Enter the Simpsons style three eyed fish swimming around in the river. When I got too close to some of them with youngsters, they jumped out of the water and started to come towards me rather menacingly, kinda like the geese on the local golf course. Then of course I woke up..

Analyse that..anyone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism