Glastonbury Festival 2005

Bottom line on top..It rained!

I am sure many of my UK friends will know about this already, but for the benefits of those in the US who may be slightly less aware of UK events. Glastonbury festival was, until this year, and annual music festival in a very small village called Pilton in Somerset.


Next year there will be no festival, not sure why, but they do say it will return in 2007.

I attended the festival in 2003 with some friends from the Lake District and had a fantastic time. The weather was sunny, the acts were great and everything was perfect. In 2004 I persuaded Lorraine, against her better judgment, to go with me. My friends from the year before wanted to come too, but could not get tickets. Needless to say it rained, and whilst not hating it, Lorraine decided that it was an experience she did not intend to repeat. Having since moved to the States, it was a discussion we never needed to have.

This year promised to be bigger than ever, with Coldplay headlining and everyone out to make the most of the occasion, with the planned break next year. I hear tell that on the first day, as it did last year, the sun was splitting the skies. Next day, around 12 hours later, the weather seems to have taken a turn for the worse. The picture above and the others here on the Sky news website highlight just how much worse it got. Now, the mud was deep when we were there, but never this bad, I guess it pays to pitch at the top of the hill!

Some of the attendees have of course written blogs of their experiences there, as opposed to me commenting from the sidelines. So check out their unique view in this bizarre form of self torture that people keep coming back to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism