Cleveland : A Flying Visit

A one night flying stop in Cleveland, right by Progressive Field and it was hotter than hades!  

Real feel was almost 100f, which I guess compared to home in IL with a real feel today of 115f, it was positively temperate. 

We are en route to visit our friends in Cape Cod, via Cleveland and another friend in upstate NY (more about that here). We plan on dipping our toes in Lake Erie tomorrow, as last time we passed by, it had to be the warmest open water I have ever experienced!

The boss asked some travel groups what they recommended for a quick stop and the Cleveland Museum Of Art came out in the top three, (wikipedia internet photo to the right by this individual) along with a restaurant/diner called Tommy's, so that's what we did!

The Museum of Art, of course did not impress the teenagers, and Tommy's was just OK if I am honest. The milkshakes were good, but I had a "pie" which was more of a weird wrap in some kind of dough. It tasted OK, but was very odd, and honestly, the milkshake filled me up pretty well!  

The art is the usual mix of ancient and some more modern, from around the world. I included a few shots below, and there are more on my Facebook page. One of my favourite pieces of the day was this Abott's Stall from the early 16th Century, you can read more about it here, but it was a gorgeous piece!


Couple of last things we spotted..the world's largest outdoor chandelier in the Playhouse Square, with 4200 crystals. 

Also this odd parking restrictions (or not) sign on a public parking lot..very confusing. (sorry about the blurry!)
 






Random Pics From The Cleveland Museum of Art














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Pucks For Autism