Cubs & Gordy - 2 For 2

I went to my second live Cubs game yesterday, and came away 2 for 2. The day started out bad with it throwing down rain and the windshield wipers on the truck up the swanee! The journey from Skokie (thanks to Lorraine for dropping us there) on the CTA trains downtown worked very well. Breakfast at MacDonalds, still raining, sitting through 3 hours of presentations of the Magic Helpdesk tool, looks pretty sweet BTW, off to one of the rooftop venues for the game, still raining.

Several free beers, hot dogs, steaks, burgers, warm cookies later, still raining. We got soaked through whislt waiting for the game start, but soon dried out when the sun came out.

On my last outing, they were winning when I left the ballpark, losing by the time I got to the bar accross the street, and winning again when I started to watch again. Yesterday, they led from the 3rd innings and never looked back. Derek Lee, the man is awesome, came to the plate with 1st and 2nd occupied, the Cubs down 2-1, and sent the ball over the fence! In the 4th innings he did again, but unfortunately was on his own that time. I went to go buy a shirt, so I could be a real Cubs fan, but I refuse to pay $150!

I think I am getting to like this baseball lark, much better than cricket..sorry Rob, Charlie, Tim & Ziggy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism