Mad? Who Me?

Continuing my efforts to fit into the country in which I live, I attended a blood drive in our building today. Being a veteran of some 15 pints in the UK, I figured it was something I could do quite easily that may help someone in need, and make me feel like I am contributing.

As read the paperwork however, and filled in the questionnaire, I started to get a bad feeling. Questions 29 and 30 specifically related to the amount of time I have spent in the UK and Europe. Sure enough, I was rejected when subsequently questioned by the attending nurse. Apparently because I am European, then I might be a mad cow. Until someone proves otherwise, not be allowed to donate, although it is OK to eat it.

Talk about paranoid! I am sure the UK Blood guys will quite happily take it when I go home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism