I Need Your Help!

Most of you will know that I am a supporter of the Habitat For Humanity charity. I volunteer regularly at the Lake County affiliate here in the Chicagoland area, and always have a great time.

Like any charity, of course, they always need more money. Right now, they are working to build a whole new subdivision of homes and most of their funds are being sucked up by building new roads and sewerage systems, which means that vital supplies and tools are really in short supply. This isn't helped by volunteers losing or accidentally removing tools from the job site.

I was out there at the weekend, and saw for myself the struggle they are having with basics such as utility knives, which cost only $2 each, but they currently only have two left. I purchased 10 for them right there and then. I don't tell you this for kudos or plaudits, but to show you how easily you could help them with a very small donation. So I decided to try to raise funds for them to buy these essential supplies.

I have created a link below to my Paypal account should you wish to help me, in my fund raising efforts. If you would normally send me a Christmas card, and have not yet done so, please consider donating the money instead. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this post and for any donations you choose to make, I will track the total in the sidebar as it accumulates.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism