Irish Eyes Are Smiling

They do say that the Celts know best how to celebrate, and sure enough, displaced Irish here in the Chicagoland area and pretty much anyone who wants to join in the fun seem to make St Patrick's Day one of the biggest parties of the year, with a parade. Apparently we also have a peculiar tradition (50 years) of dyeing the Chicago River green, which last year was be done by Charter One Bank, having won the right on an Ebay auction.

We are heading out tonight with friends to a couple of Irish pubs in Libertyville, and Lorraine and I are thinking we will try to get down to the city tomorrow (second time this year already and it's not even summer yet), to see what all the fuss is about. I will have a lot of stuff to tell if we do; so for now, I will simply say, happy St Patrick's Day!

Update - It seems in all my plans, I forgot to check the date of the parade, which for some bizarre reason was actually last weekend, 6 days before the actual day, instead of today, one day after; I guess that's what happens when you make assumptions! Still the train journey down to the city and back was fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism