Hoooowwwdeeee

Pardon the title, but I spent most of this week down south in Nashville, Tennessee, at a conference. They had a woman that came on stage on the first two mornings, and woke us all up with a Hooowwwdeeeee. The Helpdesk Institute is one of the biggest organisations supporting IT Service & Support Professionals. There were some fabulous speakers, and of course some not so good, covering topics from the value of global support and improving customer service to motivational speakers.

I have to say though that Nashville didn't strike a cord with me. Previous conferences have been in Vegas and Orlando, with the conference centres being right in the thick of the action. In Nashville, the conference centre is a long way from town, and a long way from pretty much anything else, so it felt a little isolated. Everything was a drive away, so I am not sure I really took in as much of the locale as I could/should have. On the plus side, I guess it meant I took in more of the conference topics themselves. I came back with loads of ideas, and I am sure my colleagues will get energised about them, when they have finished beating me!

There are many more pictures available here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism