Gordy - The Early Years

Especially for all those people who wanted to know more about my hometown and country, I interlaced it with a bit of my life story; sorry it just sorta happened.

I was born in 1968, in a little town called Kilmarnock, 15 or so miles south of Glasgow and about 12 miles in from the west coast. I learned all sorts whilst I was writing this post. Apparently we have Lords & Barons. Kilmarnock is over 400 years old.

I found this site with Stuff only locals know, and particularly this list of places to "hook up", although being a bit of a dork growing up, I know these places, but was never in the "hooking up" crowd!

I grew up in area called New Farm Loch, a little street call Brodie place (can't remember the number though). We had great neighbours for the most part, although picturing them again now, they all smoked about a hundred fags a day and were mostly alchies (alcoholics for my American readers). I had a pretty good life to that point, dad was fairly normal, if a little bit of a tearaway as a nightclub bouncer, bike rider and general party animal kindaguy. A little strict sometimes, but then we all need discipline right...right!!??!!

My dad was offered or sought out (not sure which) a job in South Africa..what a great adventure we all thought. I had great fun at school in Safari Suits, every night and weekend on the beach..but all was not as it first seemed..it pretty much goes down hill from there..to be continued.. including "The South Africa Years", "The Return From The Wilderness", "The Parental Divorce Years", "The First Job Years", and anything else I can think of and maybe a few in between.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism