Fabulous Las Vegas

I haven't been to Vegas since Lorraine and I were first dating (literally about 6 weeks). I went first and played golf for a few days, Lorraine joined me later for a few days of shopping and R&R. In three days, we spent a fortune, saw Pavarotti and 'O' at the Bellagio.

This weekend is a very short trip with the Golfserv Handicap Chairs for a golftastic weekend. For those of you who remember Crackerjack..In true Stu Francis style...ooooo, I am so excited, I could crush a grape!

I am a little worried though, because checking out their handicaps, there is only one person higher than my 26.4, one other a couple below me, then the rest are in the 7-16 range..I hope I don't show myself up. Although I don't know if anyone has been watching the Big Break IV - USA vs Europe on the golf channel, where so far the Europeans have been kicking butt, unlike our professionals this year who have lost the Walker and Solheim cups.

Tuesday's challenge was Ryder cup style, and the "best" player on the European team was clearly so nervous, that he shanked it about 20 yards forward and diagonally right into the gorse bushes at Carnoustie, he had to drop, punch it out to the fairway, overshot the green for 4, scuffed the chip about two yards for 5, chipped on for 6, missed the putt, and conceded at 8 strokes on a par 4..it made me feel so much better, that that can happen to a scratch player!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism