First Day Of (Pre) School

Addison's first day of (pre) school was on Tuesday, about a month late due to our travels, but we pay by the month, and only for those that she attends, so it was all good.

It's strange, it wasn't as poignant as I thought it would be. In my head, I had this whole image of tearful mother, tearful child wistfully looking back at mum as she went into school; returning hours later to regale us in great detail, with tales of the exciting new things she did whilst there.


I don't know what it was or wasn't.

- It is only pre-school, so it is more playing than actual learning
- She wore similar clothes to those which she wears on a daily basis
- The whole morning was rushed as we ended up being late
- We both went into the classroom with her, and settled her in
- When I left it was pretty much, "see ya!"
- Lorraine stayed for about 40 minutes and actually ended up participating

All in all, I guess I feel cheated. It bodes well for later schooling that she was able to detach so easily and happily, that she was instantly integrated to the class and playing with the other kids; but at the same time, it would have been nice if there had been at least a small, bravely fought, tear!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism