Can You Say "Mid Life Chrisis"

Charlie probably will, although he said it when I had my MG, so he can't use it twice!

This week I have been starting my soon to be 40s with a few significant changes. many of you will know that I have been talking about laser eye surgery for many years. Mostly cos I hate "fart-arsing" around with my glasses, skiing, driving, walking around, etc. So I took the plunge!

I went to the same company that Tiger Woods went to, and obviously I will seeking a refund if I am not immediately accepted on the PGA Tour. I had Intralase LASIK, involving a laser cutting a flap on my eye, laser adjustment of the Cornea, and then replacement of the flap. This is a pretty cool little video of the process, but instead of the blade shown cutting the corneal flap, mine was done with a laser, as I said. There is lots more information here and here if you are interested.

It is now two days post-op and so far so good. I can see better than ever, 20:15 for those in the technie know. It is possibly that I may see some regression in the first year, but certainly unlikely to be less than the difference between 20:20 and 20:15.

The other major change this week is that I have finally committed to a significant change in my approach to dieting/eating, embarking on a doctor monitored program for weight loss. In the first week I have lost 8.5lbs, towards my target of 50lbs roughly, so watch this space for more updates on that target.

Lastly for this entry cos I don't want to spend a lot of time on the computer this soon after the operation. Here is a picture for Olly, a British friend who has just had his third child. He was complaining that he rarely saw pictures of me and Addison. So here you go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism