Superbowl XL

Well, I watched my second ever Superbowl this weekend. I guess in common with most major sporting events anywhere in the world, the whole day of pregame show, analysis and stuff was inevitable, if incredibly tedious, so I only actually watched the game itself. To be honest, I still think it is a 1 hour game that is two hours too long, but, saying that, I did quite enjoy the game yesterday, although I don't think I will ever be a regular viewer.

One of the biggest reasons for watching yesterday, apart from the tiny glimpse of the occasional cheerleader (damn you Janet Jackson), and of course seeing Mick and the boys with their zimmer frames and plush hound faces, was to see the commercials. Last year, there were some greats, very clever and very funny, but to be brutally honest, this year they just didn't cut it. There were a couple of funny ones; the Ameriquest "Guy In The Hospital" one and the Bud Light, "Streaker" one, both in the 1st Quarter; check them out here, but really that was about it. Additionally, some of my male readers, and who knows maybe even some of the ladies, will enjoy this new annual tradition, The Lingerie Bowl.

Anyway, now that the football is done with, and hockey only has a little while left..it's time to start thinking about my new favourite sporting activity. No, not golf, although with this mild weather, it won't be long before I am back on the course. No, I mean baseball. The new season tickets go on sale February 24th for the Cubs, and I will be their website at 10am sharp!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism