Habitat Nearing Completion

My frequent flyers will know that I am a regular contributor at my local Habitat For Humanity site. Yesterday I took a group of folks from my office, the first from the Global Support Centre I think, up there, along with a friend of mine from the UK who is over for the wedding. The picture on the left is one of the hugely talented girls who work up there every day, say hi to Amy. Amy used to volunteer at the site, and now works full time for Habitat.

The site is almost complete. All the externals are finished, and most of the internals don't have far to go. However, it doesn't end there. They have a whole other site, capable of taking up to another 50 houses, so I guess I will be busy over the next few years. The picture on the right is another of the on-site girls, Jess. Jess is getting married this year (sorry Leon). She is an Americorp volunteer, who at the tender age of 23, already knows more about building houses than I ever will.

The final picture here is the team we worked with yesterday, except Billy who is on the camera, including all the Habitat on-site folks, Amy, Jess, Steph and Adam, who are so easy going and helpful, that it means all of us part timers can quickly become effective and contribute fully to the day's activities. Yesterday we were doing internal trim, shelving, doors, baseboards, closets, etc. The team did an awesome job, finishing way more than any of us expected. I took some pictures, as usual, if you want to check them out click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism