The Groom's Speech

Traditionally these speeches start with my wife and I, so who am I to break this great tradition. Doesn't she look fabulous by the way!

My wife and I would like to take a moment to acknowledge the support that we have been given by our families, particularly that of Lorraine's mother, who has been more than generous, and we have a gift for her today, as a small token of our appreciation.

I would also like to thank everyone who made the effort to be here today to share our special day, particularly those who have come from so far away. There's Todd & Shannon from Wheaton, Chris and Dani from all the way up in Woodstock, oh and of course Lorraine's family from Epsom and Billy from Scotland!

I met Lorraine just before my birthday in 2004, where we were both on the same skiing trip with a bunch of friends from the Epsom area. She had always wanted to learn, but soon found out that it wasn't something that would come naturally to her. On the third day, she was ready for throwing in the towel, but I persuaded her to come out for the day with me, so I could teach her a few basics.

I remember in the middle of the week saying to Caroline, one of the girls on the trip, that she would be my future wife. A few days later, the night before my birthday, after flirting all week, we officially got together, and it was the best birthday present I ever got.

As you know, we, well really Lorraine, has arranged all of this today in a pretty short timeframe. We wanted to do a winter wedding for the snow, but as you can see the traditional Chicago winter has let us down. It's a good thing that we didn't drag all of you up to Wisconsin for sleigh rides!

Talking of challenges and things not going according to plan, there has been a few this week. The webcast we were planning has not been possible, due to some technical network challenges here at the Country Squire, half of my outfit hasn't turned up, so I had to borrow some from Billy, and yesterday, whilst out running errands, I got a speeding ticket!

But we are all here today, and I for one intend to have a lot of fun, so let us start by raising your glasses to my beautiful new wife. I give you Lorraine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism