We're Engaged; It's Official!

Most of you know this has been coming, but now it's official; but let's start at the beginning.

Lorraine has always wanted a Cross Of Lorraine, sometimes also known as the De Gaulle Cross. You will have seen them on jockey's jerseys quite a lot, which I think is where Lorraine first heard about them; working for Olivier Peslier a renowned French jockey in the mid/late nineties. I had sorta thought off and on of getting one as a birthday or Christmas gift, but never quite got around to it, and so I suggested that we have them as engagement gifts, instead of rings.

We found a great jeweler (thanks Stevie G) up north near our friends Chris and Danni in Woodstock, and went up to discuss a design with them. Much to-ing and fro-ing eventually saw us settle on a design with a Celtic inlay, set in white and yellow gold with two diamonds for Lorraine, and a slightly larger version with the same inlay, and Celtic finials, in white gold and black for me. We ordered them up and waited patiently.

I got the call a couple of weeks ago that they were ready and started to plan the big day. I had kind of already decided on our favourite restaurant, cocktails, dinner, etc, but no firm plan on how to actually do it. However, our friend Sam coming into town for the week kinda changed that plan, as going to Wildfire twice in one week might have aroused suspicions.

So I decided on a new plan. We were going to put the tree up today ready for our friends coming next weekend and our Christmas party the week after. So I figured that I would spring the surprise by putting the cross in the box of decorations for her to discover as we were trimming the tree. I also bought some Veuve Clicquot, and hid it inside the BBQ on the balcony (good thing it was bloody cold this week!)

She opened the box and began to take the ornaments out. When she came across this little grey box, she, of course, opened it, saw what it was and slammed it shut again, thinking she had spoiled the surprise. She turned to me and I asked her right there and then. Needless to say, a few tears, and a joyful yes later, we are engaged. We will be heading back up to Woodstock tomorrow to choose the chains.

BTW, the Veuve went down very nicely!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats mate :@)

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism