Today We Actually Built A House!

Until now, I have been doing "jobs". Putting up siding, laying sidewalks, and all that jazz. Important components all, but not actually building a house as such.

Today I actually built part of a house; laying the flooring on the top story of the house in the picture, then putting up those second floor walls. I am hoping when I go back on Saturday that the rest of the walls will be up and we should be on roof trusses.

I put in my fourth day today and I am getting to know the regular staff quite well. Lorraine came along for the first time, and after starting out tentatively, she settled right in. She got a glowing report from one of the Americorps girls she worked quite closely with. She said that she had a learned quickly, had a great eye for detail and they will gladly have her back as often as she can spare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism