Sox Win, Sox Win, Sox Win!

The Chicago White Sox vs The Houston Astros in the World Series. You will have seen that I was quite excited watching the ALCS when we were up in Door County. I decided that we would host the weekend games last weekend, and also attend all the games following in a local bar or two, until this weekend's games, when I might host again, assuming it went that far.

I said to several people on Saturday and earlier this week that the Sox would win it in 4 straight games. I said it again when they were 2-0 up and again before last night's again when they were 3-0 up. I am not sure I ever really believed it..but by gosh they only went and proved me right.

We watched both of the weekend games at home, and decided to go to watch the mid week games in champs and Cubby Bear North. Game 3 was incredible. We went down 4-0 in the first 4 innings, and entered the 5th in some trouble. However we scored 5 runs in that one inning. The Astros came back in the 8th to level the game. What happens then (for the brits) is that they keep playing until someone wins. The Sox were eventually victorious at about 1:20am after 14 innings, and 5hrs41m, a new record. The Sox had 11 people at bat in that one innings!

As you can see, there was quite some excitement, although Lorraine was disappointed at the lack of people who turned out for such a major event in Chicago's history. The people who did turn out had a good time and were very happy when they won! Next year when the Cubs are in the World Series, we might have to go down to the city to watch some of the games.


You have seen me rabbit on about the Cubs and how great they are to go and watch, and about now you are probably saying; "Fickle git, now he's a Sox fan!" Not at all, I am still definitely a Cubs fan, and had it been Cubs vs Sox, I would have definitely been pulling for the Cubbies; but in the absence of the Cubs in the World Series, I became a Chicago fan, and definitely supported the Sox.

Of course they are now "World Champions" of the US. I say this because for those of you who don't know the "World Series" is only played between American teams, I don't even think it is extended to Canada, although I suppose given that the US are about the only place that plays Baseball, it's probably fair enough :-)

So next year, I am backing the Cubs to make it to, and win the World Series. I already brought them good luck in several games this year, and with the added incentive of the Sox winning this year and being the team with the longest record since they have won the World Series; last appearance 1945 and last win 1908, it's time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism