Which Way To.....

...well you wanna go South on Milwaukee, East on Lake Cook, and the Walmart is gonna be on your North side. This is a typical set of directions from a resident of Chicagoland. Now those who know me well, know that when it comes to directions, my attention span is about 5 seconds, and my sense of direction struggles with left and right, never mind trying to navigate by compass directions. To help, I bought one of those little stick on compasses but it's bust and continually points to North being the front of the truck irrespective of which direction I face!

Add to this the confusion of night driving when there are virtually no street lights or for that matter road markings (I think the snow ploughs scrape them all away), and you usually end up with a recipe for disaster and lots of U turns. Fortunately Lorraine is very adept at reading maps, except that when she is not in the car, that's not much help!

Taxi for Gordy.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism