Triumphant Return?


 
It's me, I'm back! 

Its been a while, but I was in a meeting at work today, and I was recounting some history and my origin story. It made me think about this blog and reinvigorating it. If you can believe it, my last post was in 2012! I think the concept of blogging has died out in favour of Facebook, The Gram, Twitter (I don't imbibe) etc. Maybe I will cross post these between Facebook and here and see what people think. This return may be short lived if no-one finds it interesting. 

In the last 11 years, my life has mostly been consumed with kid stuff, coaching their soccer, their hockey, various school commitments, band concerts, three years of pandemic/lockdown, which would have been a good time to start writing again, and of course my own hockey (which I am terrible at, as most of you probably know) 

I got a little bit of an old age shock last autumn, with my baby, Addison (Addie as she prefers) going to high school, HIGH SKOOL!. I already knew I was old, but man did that make me feel REALLY old, especially as that was soon followed with my double nickel birthday!

It gets worse. She has now finished her first year, and will be a sophomore in Autumn, AND is working on driver's ed in summer school. She is only 15 and the concept of her driving at such an early age, is truly foreign to Lorraine and I. When we were both learning, the minimum age was 17 before you could even get a learners permit, versus here, where she could be driving by herself at the tender age of 16 years and 1 day!

So if you are on the streets of Highland Park and surrounding area, look out. I may have to find a way to post EAS alerts when she goes out, lol

When Addie discovered me writing this she asked me to say that she does not consent and disagrees with many of the above statements about her; but as her parent, I get to do whatever I want!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism