The Older I Get....

What a busy weekend, not a lot of huge note to report, but man I feel my age more, the older I get. I recently picked up this shirt online, and it reflects my feelings perfectly. If you can't fully see it, it says "Its weird being the same age as old people" 

I have a buddy heading to Portugal mid July for a 5 year assignment (I could tell you what he does, but I would have to kill you lol).  We have been organizing send off events for him, to see him off in style. I took last Friday off to pay golf with him and the guys, but again, man I felt that round!


Let's rewind for a minute, Thursday I played late night hockey, Friday was the golf, Saturday a BBQ with friends and colleagues and then Sunday a BBQ with some hockey friends....by the time Monday came around, I needed to go back to work for a rest!

Anyways, back to Friday, the motley crew we were (pictured right) played at Cranes Landing in Lincolnshire. If you have not been recently, you should. They have done a ton of work to address flooding and stuff, and some course upgrades, and at $45 per rider on a Friday, it was great value! Check out that awesome Hawaiian golf shirt on the big guy.


As I headed into the weekend, I definitely needed my caffeine to power through, to make it to Father's day. We did the aforementioned BBQ in the afternoon, and retired to the castle around 5ish, where I was keen to watch Max destroy his competition in Canada, and that is when we did the Fathers day stuff. 

Addie's main gift is still in the mail, but she gave me here back up gift of a giant tin of Sour Patch Kids, and Cooper made this terrific plate at school.  

For those who don't recognize it immediately, it is one of his and my favourite "super hero" characters, played by one of my favourite actors and philanthropists. Deadpool played by Ryan Reynolds.


Anyways, all of that to say, I can't believe it is almost July already. The older I get, the faster the years seem to go. I hit the double nickel this year, and whilst I would like to believe that I am still playing strong, the very real truth is that I am on the back nine. I just have to hope that the course is not too difficult and shared with as many good friends and fun times, as the front nine was, if not more! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism