Spring Is Springing

I don’t suppose it has been any longer or harder of a winter than normal, but for some reason this one has really taken its toll on me. Funny thing is, I am not really sure how or why. I have not been fed up with the snow, in fact at times, I have been disappointed there wasn’t more snow, despite February being the snowiest on record and having the third biggest blizzard of all time. It has been a cold winter, but again not for extended periods or to the point where it got old. We did do the rebuild of the kitchen and whilst there were times it was tedious not having any facilities and dust being everywhere (now it’s only half the house that’s dusty), it still never really annoyed me.

My BIL died from the pig flu this winter and my great friend Marcus also died around this time of year a couple of years ago. I got very sick for a week, probably as sick as I have ever been; I think probably the flu, although I am always reticent to say that I had the flu. I turned 43 a few weeks ago and I think maybe I am just starting to feel my age a little heavier. I do know that I have been jealous of my friends all going skiing, and have missed, probably more than ever the times when I used to head down to Soll every year; although at the same time I have had a lot of fun playing with my camera, learning how to use it properly and taking photographs.

Maybe it is Christmas time? It is my favourite time of the year, and I don’t recall if this feeling was present before then, maybe it is just since Christmas was over and the post season if you will was where I got a little down. Long and short of it is that I am really looking forward to the spring, hopeful that it will bring a lighter mood, more opportunities to get out with the family; get the bikes out, go for rides around the neighbourhood; sit on the deck with a glass of wine in front of the fire. Baseball is coming soon, and golf courses will start to open in the next 3-4 weeks I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism