Busy Weekend!!

I have so much work to do on the house, tidying up after the builders have finished. The kitchen needs the backsplash, the laundry room needs a little more paint, the ceilings and walls need refinishing where drywall has been done, and the place needs cleaning. However this weekend it has been all fun, all the way!

I went on my first outing with the camera club yesterday to the Chicago Flower Show. I have to say that it wasn't nearly as grand as I thought it would be, and I am sure not a patch on the Chelsea Show. It was kinda cool though, as we were able to get access to the show 2 hours before the general public, and therefore able to shoot lots of pictures without being jostled or worrying about the tripods, etc. I am not much of a floral person in terms of knowing the names, but I think this is a lily variety, maybe even an Arum Lily. Here are some more pictures of the day trip. The theme of the event was "The Sport Of Gardening"

The folks I was driving wanted to leave early, so on the way home, I went to investigate some of the local sights for both family bike rides and photography opportunities. Fort Sheridan, is an old army fort which has since sold a lot of land to private developers and the city, whilst down sizing the fort to a much smaller reserve station. In the process, they also gave some land to the forest preserve for parkland. This shot is of a restored gun post on the way down to the beach.

Today we went to Lincoln Park Zoo. It is a free zoo in the city, unsurprisingly in Lincoln Park! I have been there before for the Christmas lights, but today we went to see the animals. It is a very old zoo, with some incredible old buildings donated/funded by some old Chicagoans. A lot of the animals were indoors of course, as it is still pretty cold here, but we had a great day, both inside and out. As usual, I took a bunch of pictures, which I will have to sort through before posting, but here is one for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism