Meet Cooper James Kenmuir

Those of you who know us well, will know that first time around, we had the boy names all picked out, but just could not agree on the girl names. We did end up eventually with a great name, and I didn't even come up with the Cubs connection, Lorraine did that all on her own!

Well this time around it will be much easier, because thanks to the wonders of the modern science and the amniocentesis, we know we are having a boy and that he is due in early December. We have always liked the concept of last names as first names, and both liked the thought of using Lorraine's maiden name, Cooper, as his forename (I know Clark would have been cool too, but I would not have gotten away with that - Wrigley sits at the corner of Clark/Addison for the uninitiated). Lorraine only has a sister and therefore the family name would have ended without it.

James was my maternal grandfather's name. A very influential figure and guiding light in my life; much more so than my father ever was or will be, unless I wanted to learn to be an aggressive, mean drunk of course. He taught me about gardening, DIY, home repair & maintenance, got me involved in cycling and generally taught me how to look out for myself in the world.

Wandering off the subject a little; I recently read and then watched the movie of the Flying Scotsman. The story of Graham Obree who battled his childhood demons and became one of the heroes of Scottish Cycling. The reason I mention it, was that he was in my cycling club, was heavily encouraged and support by my grandfather, and I knew him to talk to. It's well worth a look and a read, because of course, these things always change a lot between the book and the movie (the book is better, darker, and more in depth).

Anyway, I will try to be better this time around about posting more regularly about the pregnancy and the journey. Maybe 2nd time around I will see it differently. Stay tuned, scan pictures to follow....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism