Fall 2008 & Cubs WIN!!!

Today is officially the first day of Fall (Autumn for the Brits) in 2008, it is also two days since the Chicago Cubbies clinched their 2nd Division title in as many years, a feat unmatched since 1908, and we all know what happened that year.

I was at the game on Saturday, and the timing could not have been better. I was really worried that the team would clinch on Thursday or Friday, as they could have, however they held on until Saturday and the town was buzzing.

AJ's birthday is one week from today. Hard to believe that she is one year old already! We are of course having a party, combined with a housewarming on Saturday. Work is progressing well on the house, and I really must take some pictures again. I have all but finished painting downstairs, and only a couple rooms left upstairs. The main yard work will be completed this week, and I still hope to get the hot tub going by next weekend for the party.

My MIL is in town for two weeks from today, and my SIL arrives next weekend, both flying in for the shindig, and Maddy told me I HAVE to have the hot tub ready!

So Go Cubs Go! for the playoffs and hopefully we will be celebrating some more big wins throughout October!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism