4 WAS The Magic Number

For those of you with the slightest interest in the game, this week is very exciting. What game? I hear my British readers yell. Baseball of course. Unfortunately Hurricane Ike, in addition to flooding my garden (I know I got off light compared to Texas, so no letters to the editor please) completely screwed up my playoff chances in the Fantasy Baseball League. I ended up losing by a mere 13 points, including two cancelled games. Some bad lineup decisions compounded the issue with almost 150 points sitting on the bench. C'est La Vie, there's always next year, third time's a charm right?

The good news there is that my friend Nigel, also a Brit is in the final and he is winning so far. The Brits lead the way in the game they "Invented"

For me though, the real excitement (sorry Nige) is that the Cubs "Magic Number". The Cubs magic number is 4, so basically the Cubs need to win 4 the Brewers need to lose 4 or we win two, they lose two, etc. When the magic number reaches zero, they will clinch the division title for the 2nd year in a row. I was kinda hoping they would hold out until Saturday when I am there to see them, but I will be quite happy if they do it in advance!
Hopefully this year we will do a better job of the NLDS, get through the NLCS and then win the World Series, so that I can have some kick ass parties and win that bet I have on the Cubbies!

Go Cubs Go!
and here for the lyrics that you can use to sing along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism