British-American Translations

Since I have lived here in the US and to a lesser degree when I was dealing with my US friends remotely, I have said things that confuse, befuddle and oft amuse them.

They often stop mid sentence having heard something and ask for an explanation of the phrase, word, context, etc. So for some time, I have been planning a posting with respect to explaining some of these words/phrases. However I recently found this website, and thought why reinvent the wheel.

It is by no means comprehensive, but it covers many of the commonly used terms. I challenge my corporate colleagues to take a chance to peruse this list and try to find some examples they can use in a business context. Caution - Some of the words are regarded as "profanity" by the corporate filter, so you might want to read it from home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism