Elementary, My Dear Watson

On this day in history, May 22nd 1859, Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle, was born in Edinburgh, a great representative of the Scottish people. I am sure I do not have to tell anyone who he is, and so I won't go into screeds of detail, especially as there are many websites doing exactly that.

He is, of course, the inventor of that most famous British silhouette, Sherlock Holmes. In 1887 he wrote "A Study In Scarlet". I am sure that at the time, coming from a writing family, his mother's influence and experience, could never have prepared him for the phenomenon that has become Sherlock Holmes.

Check out these websites for more information, and if you ever get a chance to travel to London, check out the museum website for a visit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism