Whoever Said..

..it doesn't rain in Chicago, apparently no-one. It seems I may have made that up..I can say this much, it does rain in Chicago, and then some!

When we arrived at Heathrow, we checked the luggage against the allowances, and had to rejig various cases to get them under the limits. Even going as far as leaving some stuff with Jan and Madeleine, to make sure the hand luggage was under the limit. The flight was uneventful, and the movies were pretty crappy.

We arrived on Tuesday afternoon, picked up our rental car, and checked into our new home for at least the next month. It's a nice apartment, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, lounge/diner/kitchen arrangement, and a nice balcony. Unfortunately it's a little close to the train line, where the Metra runs by day and Lorraine tells me, freight trains, a gazillion miles long, pass at 3am. I of course, never hear them.

The apartment complex is next door to a golf course and has several tennis courts, and my clubs and our rackets are still in shipping. There are two pools, but unfortunately it is too cold, so they don't open until Memorial day. It does have a 24 hour gym and a nice club room, so it looks like it is gonna be a fun place to live.

Back to the weather, we went out on Wednesday to run some basic errands, drivers licence, social security, grocery shopping, etc. It was 70f/21c when we left home that morning, so I was in a t-shirt and jeans and Lorraine similar. We did our errands, and whilst in the grocery store, the weather changed to a cold 40f/4c, with pouring rain, and thunder & lightning.
After getting soaked whilst loading the car, the journey home was great fun. We saw forked lightning coming in pretty low, and a first for me, a double rainbow, we even saw both ends of them! I wished I had my camera.

By the time we got home, the rain had gone off and we thought that was it, little did we know. Later that evening whilst watching TV, the channel went off, and a message told us to change to an information channel for a state issued storm warning in this county and others close by. Apparently there were more storms on the way, thunder, lightning, heavy rain and hail stones up to golf ball size!

We watched the storm from the balcony, but unfortunately the golf balls never came. I am told, the storms are common, so I will be watching for those hail stones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism