Time marches on inexorably

Only 4 more UK working days to go.

I move out of the flat tomorrow, and hopefully my new tenant will move in the weekend that I come back from skiing. She is a very nice South African maths teacher, who is currently staying with her two grown up daughters. So assuming it all goes through, I will have a good reliable professional lady in residence!

As I mentioned above, we will be skiing in Alp D'Huez, 12th thru 19th March, very bad timing, but it was booked and paid for at Christmas, so not really any way out. It will give us a bit of a rest from the stress too, and a good chance to take a load of our excess alcohol to be consumed! I know, let's play a drinking game where only the lager boys get drunk (a skiing reference from last year's trip, for those who weren't there!)

Last year's trip was great fun, fantastic weather, lots of drinking and games, oh and we skied some too..Of course I met Lorraine there, so it was a pretty eventful trip. I am hoping for more of the same this year, although not hoping to meet a new woman of course!

When we come back, we will only have 10 days left, four of which I will have to work, and then of course Easter, and jetting off on the 29th. There will still be so much to do, primarily for Lorraine as she has not had time to do all of her stuff, where I have been lucky. She will have those four days, but in that time will have to completely prepare the house for packing, cancel all her direct debits, arrange address changes, etc.

I may even have managed to sell the Volvo last night, all things being equal. Someone who actually seemed serious and did agree a price, but of course no fowl will be added together until I actually have some hard cash in my account. So all I will have left is a rather battered VW Golf GTI16v with a 10CD Kenwood Stereo, that I bought all in for £250.

I got a bit of a scare yesterday, when someone in HR was suggesting that if I didn't have my Social Security number then I wouldn't get paid, and that it might take up to four weeks for that to happen, but apparently after some ferreting around, it sounds like they will just make me a dummy (no smart mouth comments) so I can be paid.

I have been taking the contingency, so I don't have to take a wedge of cash, of trying to set up a bank account remotely, and let me tell you, what little hair I had is pretty much gone. It is just gonna be so much easier when I get there, and can just go camp on people's doorstep 'til they sort things out.

People keep asking me if I am getting excited yet, and I have so far replied, that I have too much to do to think about it..well not any more, it is starting to sink in at last, and YES! I am getting excited.

Comments

Anonymous said…
im glad that your getting there keeping up to date on your bloggers page dont want to book fights toseeyou till you have a house.hope everythings well and fine and have a great move.

love ya loads

speak soon

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism