Winter Is Coming...

...and apparently it is going to be one of the worst in forever. The weather has been decent this fall or autumn, depending on which country you are from. October has been another busy month, which ended up with waving the family off to the UK for an extended 5 week plus trip. As I write this, it is already 11 days and they have flown by!

I have been busy working, and took a couple of weekend trips out to take pictures. Also, as is always the case when the family goes away, I have a boat load of DIY jobs to try to get done. I have already hung two new doors, ripped the trim off the upstairs hall, and put up a new light in the office. The rest of the list is way too long to go through, but it ranges from cutting a new doorway in Cooper's room to simple stuff like touching up cracks, paint dings, etc.

I decided to check out the Naperville River Walk and it was excellent. We have talked about it many times, and drove through the city a couple of weeks ago to check it out when we were at the Morton Arboretum. The walk goes quite a long way, right beside the river in a few places, and across several covered bridges. It is not overly taxing, so it you are looking for a scenic walk, I can thoroughly recommend it. Even the little snakes enjoy it (check out the pics) NOT very stroller friendly however. Click here for a some pictures.

Whilst I was down in the area, I took the opportunity to make another trip to the arboretum, hoping that the colours would still be around despite the high winds we have had recently. There were still some great colours, but all the trees that had changed in early October were already leafless. Click here for some more pictures, including the ones from the beginning of the month.


Just this weekend, I went to Russell Military "Museum". I have driven by there so many times and thought it looked cool. At $10 it wasn't bad value. Most of the exhibits are trainers (it says on the side for those of you wondering), and have clearly been stripped for parts before coming to the museum, but still they are pretty cool.

It does look more like a military dumping ground than a museum, but at the price, it is still worth a looksee. Click here for some pictures.

More DIY this week, then I have friends coming into town for the weekend, so I expect there will be more pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism