Camera Club

So I have been working on improving my photography, reading the manual, taking on line courses, checking out local photo safaris that I might want to try and thinking about joining a camera club.

I went to one before I left for the UK, which was pretty local, just the next town over. When I arrived, at the old people's home, sorry assisted care living facility, (I didn't know before I left home) I walked into the big man's waiting room! Now I have no problem with old, I will be one myself one of these days, and certainly in the MG club we had our share, but I was the youngest in the entire room by about 20-25 years.

When I thought of joining a club, it was with the hope of meeting some people, reasonably close to me in age and interest, to attend meetings, maybe some excursions and have fun. So with the age of this group, it really wasn't for me.

Last night I tried the only other local group that I could find, still 30 minutes away, but relatively local. This club seemed more vibrant online, with a pretty full schedule of up to five different events each month, their own yahoo group, a good website, etc. When I walked in the door of this place, straight into two Hewitt Associates, I immediately felt more welcome. Apparently there are two others that I know as well, so that will be fun.

At the paltry sum of $35 per year to join I think I will do it. I went to a competition night, last night, and whilst good quality, it wasn't so high that I was totally intimidated, just a little scared, and one of my buddies won one of the competition classes, so that was cool too.

Click here to see some of the images that I am most proud of and give me your thoughts, are any of them good enough for competition?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism