Lots Of Pictures

So I have been busy as you probably surmised from my lack of writing. Lorraine and Cooper continue to progress well, and we are on track for an early December delivery. MIL and SIL (the giver of the new rain coat on the left) will be coming over, for varying times, MIL for two whole months, how will I cope. Just kidding Jan, you know you are always welcome.

The idea is that Jan stays until Cooper is cleared to travel, then they all go back to the UK for a few weeks. I will join them towards the end and fly back with Lorraine and the kids, so basically she has travel assistance both directions. We will have to do it like that for a while until both kids are more independent I guess.

We have been busy cramming in all sorts of activities, including Halloween, a trip to Six Flags, Brookfield Zoo and for me, my first ever Bears game. Of course I sliced up my fingers, Addy had a birthday and there was all manner of other things going on.

Addy had a few friends around for her birthday and spent some time the day before baking cookies for them. Click here to see pictures of her from September generally, some you may have already seen, but some new ones of her making the cookies, eating the dough, licking the spoon and the party.

We went to Brookfield Zoo last year for "Boo At The Zoo", which they repeated this year. We had a commitment in the evening and so were unable to stay all day, meaning that we only saw a fraction of the place, but we did see the Dinosaur exhibit, which is leaving soon, so it was worth it for that. Click here for some pictures of the fun.

The very next weekend we went to Fright Fest at Six Flags Great America theme park. We had decided to join this year as the prices were so low at only $65 per adult and AJ is still free. She loves the guy on the commercial, and wanted to go to the "More Flags, More Fun" place (that's there slogan right now. So off we went with Godfather Mike. Addy loved the rides that she was allowed on and poor Lorraine couldn't even go on the kiddy ones! Click here for lots of pictures of that trip. It was our inaugural trip with the wagon and she completely crashed out asleep in it towards the end of the outing.

Friday night this weekend, we were invited to a neighbour's house for a Halloween bash, costumes optional, but most wore them. I went as the Hapless Handyman (see below), Addy wore her costume and Lorraine went as a pregnant lady, very convincing she was.

Saturday of course was Halloween, and Addison took part in her first official "Trick or Treat". She was dressed as a butterfly and said Trick or Treat at almost every house. Was much complimented and always said thank you, unlike some of our visitors! Click here for a few pictures of her costume. I accompanied her as the hapless handy man, complete with authentic bandages!

To round of the weekend, I went to my very first Bears game. As anyone who knows me will know, NOT a huge fan of the American Football, but a friend of mine has an in to get tickets and so I thought if I wasn't paying the exorbitant prices that Tim and Darell paid before i could give it a shot. So I went with a couple of friends, and thanks to said friend above who shall remain nameless, as I must protect my sources, we ha fabulous seats, very close tot he field and a perfect day for an outing. The Bears even won, which, this season, I believe is a bit of a miracle! As usual click here for some pictures from the day.

I went today to have the dressing removed after the surgery on my fingers. There's still a long way to go and if you want to see the pictures from today, checkout my Facebook account. Suffice to say that we are on the mend despite the blood and pins holding it together. Watch soon for pictures of the bar and the work I was doing when I had the mishap!

Anyways, off to watch some TV now..enjoy the pictures, and leave some love in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism