One Smart Kid

As Addison grows up, I am continually amazed by her intellectual abilities. She is small for her size, in the 25th percentile last time we checked, but her mental abilities are off the charts. I am sure most parents think this about their kids, and who knows, maybe I am no different. However, when you read the articles, guidance, etc, and it says that typical 4-5 year olds can say a couple hundred words and can form sentences with 5-6 words, and she is already doing that....well you can see where I am going with this!

She already knows pretty much all of the colours, can count to twelve, and knows about 8-10 letters and words associated with them. She can recite in total "Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman, be he alive or be he dead, I'll grind his bones to make my bread", and almost all the words and actions to Insy Winsy Spider!

Of course along with such cognisance (I blame/credit Lorraine depending on if she is being annoying or cute :-) comes the annoying phrases and behaviours. Two of her current favourite phrases are "What's that from?" and "I don't want to", both recited several hundred times a day! I suspect, like the sudden desire to put down her fork and spoon that she has been using for a year or so, these are developments towards the "Terrible Twos". It's her second birthday on Tuesday!

A couple of weeks ago she had a fabulous day out whilst daddy was at the Cubs game. Lorraine took her to the local park for "Touch A Truck" day. She had a great time climbing on all of the trucks, tractors, etc, and bouncing around on the many bouncy castles, as you can see from these pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism