Tornado Touches Down

Writing this I am sure will freak out both inlaws and parents, as this is probably the closest we have come to an actual disaster. At the weekend, I was sitting watching the game, and Lorraine was putting AJ to bed, when the EAS kicked into life.

Apparently the weather had taken a turn for the worse and a tornado moving at approximately 36mph (I am told this is slow) was headed our way, and when I say our way, I really mean our way, between 10 and 15 miles away!

The EAS recommended hiding in a basement or internal room with no windows. So we rounded up Reggie, AJ, a couple glasses of wine, baby milk, some water & my blackberry to keep in touch and headed into our downstairs bathroom, between the office and the laundry room, only one external wall and no windows.

It did touch down 15 miles away in Mundelein but there was little/no damage. It was a very destructive tornado, just not anywhere near us. I know it shouldn't be exciting to experience these events, and I probably should be scared or something, but I simply look at it as one of life's experiences. Although I will probably be getting myself a proper EAS storm radio, in case the next one hits during the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism