Shedd Aquarium

I had been to the Shedd Aquarium many years ago on my very first corporate trip to the city. It hasn't changed much! We had decided this past weekend, having spent a lot of time getting the baby stuff sorted, the house a bit more in order and the with the baby on the way, that we would take some time out on Monday to chill out together.

We threw around some options, cinema, mini golf, real golf, trip to the city, etc, before finally settling on the Lincoln Park Zoo. We got a lazy start, and headed down there in the truck around 11. It was a gorgeous day, in the high 70s, sunny and clear. When we arrived down there, the traffic and parking were horrible..it seems everyone decided that the Lincoln Park Zoo would be a great idea.

We drove around for a while but gave up after about half an hour and no parking becoming free, deciding instead to head to the Shedd. As you can see from the pictures, I was snap happy, lot of fish, penguins, and lizards (they have a special exhibit right now). Most of the pictures are named, I was smart enough to photograph the signs to remember, but I have no idea what this freak thing is. It basically swum around with it's mouth open all the time, I guess it was easier than going to the effort of opening it when food was nearby.

We walked a round for a few hours, and saw pretty much everything before momma bear (that's what we are calling her :-) got worn out. The Beluga just had a baby too, so we couldn't go there to see her, but as you can see from the pictures, we saw a lot. If you like pictures of fish, mammals and reptiles, check em out here!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, I do think this is an excellent web site. I stumbledupon it ;) I may revisit once again since I bookmarked it.
Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to
help other people.

Also visit my site: stock options canada ()

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism