A New Toy!!

I know I have been neglecting you, my readers, for a while now, as can be seen from my background still being a winter scene. I really need to get out and take some more pictures. This year started at a heck of a clip; new responsibilities at work and baby on the way, to name but two.

I have been watching the Cubbies try to be more consistent, and failing! Although I still believe they can do it this year. More consistency in winning the one run and extra innings games will help, and the bullpen seems to be coming together better of late.

One thing we have been focusing on recently was the need for a second vehicle. Having bought the HHR for Lorraine really, earlier this year, and with the baby on the way, we felt after two years that we probably needed a second car. For the last several weeks, I have been trying to decide if I wanted a fun, two seater, or two plus sports car or another truck. As a result, I have been across the board looking at all sorts, including the Corvette above, which was being sold through a friend's company at a very reasonable price, and I mean in the sub $20k range! Those of you who know me well will understand why I was sorely tempted! Check out a few more pictures here.

In my mind though, I think I still had my heart set on the truck, despite my predilection for sports cars. Ultimately I would like both, one for the summer and the other for the winter. Rear wheel drive with lots of power, and no weight (ie sportscars) does not work well in the snow and ice, as I recall from my MGF (pictured).

So I went back to my original thinking and looked around for a truck. I had seen a couple at the weekend, newer Silverados, like my old truck but much better appointed, with leather upholstery, Bose sound system, etc. However with a price tag to match in the $20-$24 range (plus tax), they were out of my reach. We went to a couple of other places, the Dodge dealer, where my heart really lay, had nothing, but promised to call me back (still hasn't after 4 days), the Ford dealer with F150s that really don't warrant the price tag, I feel..and I was starting to feel a little depressed. The one highlight of the weekend was a test drive in a gorgeous 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra edition, with a manual transmission, it looked and sounded gorgeous.

However, I needed to be realistic with both my budget and the year round weather, and truck kept coming back to me, specifically Hemi Ram, yes even with the gas prices, Hemi Ram was in my mind. I had a website and number of a dealership who were friends of a friend, and so I thought I might as well check them out, which is where I found my exact dream truck, apart from the colour, I had always wanted Navy Blue!

When I started looking at trucks, I had always loved the look of the front of the Dodge Ram, with it's "Big Rig" styling and meaty appearance, it has a feeling of menace. This particular truck had everything I had ever thought of. Full leather, heated seats, power everything, dual air conditioning zones, Infinity 6 CD sound system, towing package, bed liner and four doors, with some nice extras, like the special towing mirrors, 20" rims, and of course the renowned Hemi engine. All of that at the knock down price of just a smidge over $21k tax included, with one previous owner and a 3 year extended warranty; it just had to be mine.

So there you have it..it's mine, all mine..check out some of my other truck pictures here, and just see if you don't love it! Those of you who are interested, can read a review of the truck here too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Older I Get....

Cleveland : A Flying Visit

Pucks For Autism